Whether there are three of you, just my mom or many of you reading this, I want to say hi and that I am so so happy that you are here. My name is Sydney Thompson and I live in the greater Chicagoland area. It was last September, at a hotel in Cleveland, Ohio where I was perusing Instagram and stumbled upon Olivia Rink’s account. I immediately fell head first down the rabbit hole of the blogger universe and was so inspired by her work and the work of many others I started following the months after, that I decided I couldn’t go another minute without throwing my hat into the ring. I have decided to embark on this journey and start my own blog site because I wanted to develop a creative space where I can express myself and help you all live your most amazing life as a modern new professional in the big city. I love fashion, food, art and pop culture. If you do too, then this is the space for you. To start off, I thought we could get to know each other a little better. As majority of 2019 marks my 23rd year on this planet (I turn 24 in December), I am sharing 23 random facts about myself. I would love to get to know you as well, so please comment on this post below with some random facts about YOU! Let’s raise our glasses of wine and cheers to what the future holds. I can’t wait to share what I have in store for you!
- Since the beginning, it has only been me and my mom. I have lived with a working single mother my whole life. My mom’s 2 best friends, who I consider my aunts, are my main family
- My love for writing started when I was on my high school’s publication staff where we created/designed content for the yearbook, school magazine and website
- I graduated in May 2018 from Ball State University with degrees in Public Relations and Entrepreneurship. I was heavily involved on campus in organizations such as PRSSA and student-run creative agencies
- I now work full-time as a Marketing professional in Chicago, the same job I interned at my senior year, the same opportunity I found myself on LinkedIn
- A 2008 French Vogue is one of my most prized possessions and flipping through it reminds me of the first time I fell in love with the fashion industry
- My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 6 years, we met through a mutual friend
- I’ve worn the same necklace every day for the last 6 years, a gift from my boyfriend
- Sagittarius is my zodiac sign
- If I could only have one meal for the rest of my life it would be steak tacos with guacamole
- I’m naturally brunette but have been highlighting my hair since 6th
- Reality TV is my guilty pleasure – BRAVO for the win!
- The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is my favorite event of the year
- When I was little, it was my dream to be a dolphin trainer
- I’m the type of person who would rather eat seconds of dinner than save room for dessert
- Stephen King and Edgar Allan Poe are my favorite authors – the darker/more twisted the better – love Poe’s Annabel Lee poem
- Style icons include Sarah Jessica Parker, Jennifer Lawrence, Blake Lively, Lupita Nyong’o, Margot Robbie and Nicole Richie
- The only overseas country I have been to (so far) is Iceland
- My favorite sports team is the New Orleans Saints even though I have no tie to NOLA, just love the city and the team
- Drink of choice would either be a dry red wine or a lime margarita on the rocks
- Two favorite movies are How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and The Dark Knight
- I hate lunch meat and frosting.
- My dream is to travel the world and I love to travel but get anxiety about flying
- I have never in my life eaten a Big Mac
Thanks for reading! I hope you found some of these interesting, relatable and funny. Talk to you soon!